Introduction: In this guide, we will provide you with a detailed step-by-step process to help you disable the Do Not Disturb (DND) feature on your Samsung Galaxy phone. Whether you accidentally enabled DND or need to turn it off for any other reason, we've got you covered. By following these instructions, you'll be able to regain control over your notifications and alerts, ensuring that you never miss important calls or messages again.
Subheading 1: Shut Off DND From Quick Settings To quickly disable DND on your Samsung Galaxy phone, follow these simple steps:
- Swipe down twice from the top of the screen to open the Quick settings panel.
- Look for the Do not disturb tile. If it's highlighted, it means DND is turned on.
- Tap on the tile to disable DND on your Samsung Galaxy phone.
Pro Tip: Long touch the Do not disturb tile to view and adjust the DND settings.
Subheading 2: From Settings If you prefer to disable DND through the phone settings, here's what you need to do:
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Go to Notifications, followed by Do not disturb.
- Turn off the toggle next to Do not disturb.
Subheading 3: Turn Off Do Not Disturb Schedule If DND keeps turning on at a specific time, you might have accidentally enabled the scheduling feature. To turn it off, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your Samsung phone.
- Tap on Notifications, followed by Do not disturb.
- Turn off the toggle next to any schedule present under the Schedule section.
- Alternatively, tap on a schedule and press the "Delete this schedule" button on the next screen.
Subheading 4: Using Bixby If you prefer a hands-free approach, you can use Samsung's digital assistant, Bixby, to disable DND on your Samsung Galaxy phone. Simply say, "Hey Bixby, turn off do not disturb."
Subheading 5: Turn Off Do Not Disturb While Driving from Google Settings To disable the Do Not Disturb feature while driving, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your Samsung Galaxy phone.
- Go to Google, followed by Personal Safety.
- Tap on "Silence notifications while driving."
- Turn off the toggle next to "Silence notifications while driving."
Note: You may also try revoking the Do Not Disturb permission from Google by going to Settings > Apps. Tap on the three-dot icon and select Special access. Then, choose Do Not Disturb permission and turn off Google.
Subheading 6: Check Other Sound Modes Apart from the driving mode, Samsung offers additional sound modes that can activate the Do Not Disturb mode on your phone. Follow these steps to ensure all active modes are disabled:
- On your Samsung phone, open Settings and go to Modes and Routines.
- Tap on Driving and turn off any condition set to enable DND while driving.
- For example, DND could be turned on in Driving mode when your phone connects to your car's Bluetooth. Disable these automatic conditions.
- Also, disable the mode by tapping on the "Turn off" button for that specific mode.
- Similarly, check other available modes.
Note: On older phones, go to Settings > Digital wellbeing and turn off Bedtime mode.
Subheading 7: Turn Off Mute If your Samsung phone is not making any sound when you receive notifications, it might be on mute or vibrate mode. Follow these steps to enable the Sound mode:
- Open Settings and go to Sounds and vibration.
- Select Sound.
- Pro Tip: If all sounds are muted on your Samsung Galaxy phone, go to Settings > Accessibility > Hearing enhancements. Turn off the toggle next to "Mute all sounds."
Subheading 8: Turn off Do Not Disturb While Playing Games To disable the Do Not Disturb mode while playing games on your phone, follow these steps:
- Open the Game Launcher app on your phone.
- Tap on the More tab (three-bar) icon and select Game booster.
- Tap "Block during game."
- Turn off the toggle next to Notifications.
Tip: Check out the best settings to use and customize the Game Launcher.
Subheading 9: Turn Off Priority Mode If the Do Not Disturb mode persists while playing games on your Samsung phone, disable priority mode in Game Launcher:
- Open the Game Launcher app on your device.
- Tap on the Priority mode option in the My games section to turn it off.
- Alternatively, while playing games, you might see the Game Booster icon in the navigation bar. Tap on it and turn off Priority mode.
Pro Tip: You may also completely disable the Game Launcher on your phone by going to Settings > Advanced features. Turn off the toggle next to the Game Launcher.
Subheading 10: Turn Off Bixby Routines Check if any Bixby Routines are activating the Do Not Disturb mode on your Samsung phone:
- Go to Settings > Modes and Routines.
- Tap on the Routines tab at the bottom and review all the routines to ensure none can activate Do Not Disturb mode.
Note: On older phones, you might find Bixby Routines under Settings > Advanced features > Bixby routines.
Conclusion: By following the comprehensive guide provided above, you can easily disable the Do Not Disturb (DND) feature on your Samsung Galaxy phone. Whether you prefer using quick settings, navigating through the phone settings, or utilizing Bixby, these steps will ensure that you regain control over your notifications and alerts. Say goodbye to missed calls and messages while enjoying uninterrupted access to your device.
Remember, managing your notifications effectively is crucial, and with this guide, you'll have the knowledge to optimize your Samsung Galaxy phone's Do Not Disturb settings.